As one of the United Kingdom’s leading providers of food safety training and consultancy services, Food Safety Logic is proud to offer a wide-ranging portfolio of qualifications and training courses, ranging from levels one to four. Whether you’re looking for training for your front-of-house staff, supervisors or restaurant managers, we’ve got the knowledge and expertise to help.
Furthermore, all qualifications (except the Level 3 HACCP) can be delivered virtually; you can also qualify at home via completion of an e-assessment in order to gain your accredited qualification.
Why is food safety training important?
Under the Food Safety Act 1990, anyone in the United Kingdom who sells or serves food must ensure it is safe to eat. Therefore as an employer, it is critically important that you ensure your staff are suitably trained in food hygiene.
However, it’s not just about ensuring safe food is served in a clean, hygienic environment. Food allergen training should also be top of your “to-do” list – for both your staff and yourself. In the United Kingdom, over two million people live with a diagnosed food allergy. This number is rising and awareness amongst the general public has increased following a spate of tragic deaths reported in the media. Therefore, it is essential that your staff receive comprehensive allergen training to avoid such incidents.
Why train with Food Safety Logic?
Food Safety Logic is a Highfield-approved training centre that blends a mixture of practical examples, career experience and theoretical work to provide learners with an interactive learning experience. This ensures they’re able to retain information and practically deploy the knowledge from their new qualification in their day-to-day roles.
Our classroom-based training courses offer numerous benefits for both the employer and employees.
Benefits of face-to-face training for employers
Train everybody in your team at the same time, ensuring your staff receive comprehensive teaching to enable them to pass the course and gain the qualification – all at the same time. Your workforce will be ready to deploy back into their day-to-day roles fully trained and qualified in the course content. Furthermore, we often find group-based classroom training is easier for our customers to manage when ensuring their staff have the right qualifications.
Our experts will also motivate your staff and address any individual training needs face-to-face, ensuring learners leave the course with all the knowledge they require. It is also a good bonding exercise for your team, working together and building personal relationships.
Benefits of face-to-face training for employees
Our interactive, practical sessions and exercises are designed to engage learners in an enjoyable educational experience. Our classroom-based sessions enable students to develop direct rapport with our trainers, enabling them to feel confident asking for help where necessary. We can also tailor our delivery for different learning styles, ensuring there is less chance of any misinterpretation or misunderstanding. Finally, our group sessions also help learners develop better networking and relationship-building skills.
- Food Safety in Catering: The Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering is ideal for front of house staff and other employees involved in food preparation and service. You’ll learn the importance of food safety, the principles of food hygiene and procedures required to control food safety risks
- Food Safety in Manufacturing: Aimed at food handlers working in the food manufacturing environment, the Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing teaches why food safety is important, the systems required to control food safety risks and the principles of food hygiene.
- Food Safety in Catering Refresher: Update your food handlers and front of staff’s knowledge of the latest food safety processes within the catering environment with a refresher course in the Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety Catering.
- Allergen Awareness: Teach food handlers and front of house staff the characteristics and effects of food allergens, foods that commonly cause intolerances and how to control contamination with the Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering.
- Food Safety for Catering: Ensure your supervisors and managers are well-versed in food safety management procedures and the monitoring of good food safety practice with the Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering certificate.
- HACCP in Catering: Do your supervisors or managers have the right knowledge on how to implement an appropriate food safety management system based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles? Make sure they do with Highfield’s Level 3 Award in HACCP for Catering.
- Allergen Management for Caterers: Build on your supervisors and managers knowledge of food safety in catering and allergen training with the Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management in Catering. This is a comprehensive course teaching how to ensure food ingredients are managed, the importance of accurate communication with the customer and how to control contamination.
- Management in Food Safety: Has your supervisor got management responsibilities for an operational team in your catering business? Ensure they understand the importance of developing and implementing an effective food safety management system – as well as a food safety culture – within your business.
Additional food safety courses including HACCP and a full range of Health and Safety Courses are also available.
Upskill your team’s food safety expertise to the next level
Are you looking for a trusted provider of food safety training solutions to train your staff and take their knowledge to the next level?