Highfield Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering
Who should go on this course?
Supervisors or managers who have some responsibility for food safety and are likely to have management responsibilities for an operational team in a catering operation.
Why is this training important?
Everyone who sells or serves food must make sure by law that it is safe to eat, and employers must make sure their supervisors and managers who have a responsibility for food safety within their business are suitably trained. This qualification will support supervisors/managers to understand the importance of developing and implementing a food safety management system and food safety culture within their business.
Thorough knowledge of food hygiene hazards and controls and the importance of developing, implementing and monitoring food safety procedures.
- Compliance with food safety legislation by food business operators
- Operational requirements to achieve food safety
- Establishing food safety management procedures
- Controls required for food safety
- How to maintain food safety management procedures
Length of course:
4 days (+ 20 hours additional course work)
Assessment: 2 part assessment
- Multiple choice
- Written examination
individual certificate awarded for students who achieve the pass mark
- Level 5 Food Safety Qualifications
From £850 per person