Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering
Who should go on this course?
Food handlers and front of house staff involved in food preparation and service who work in the catering industry and wish to progress to a higher or supervisor level.
Why is this training important?
Everyone who sells or serves food must make sure by law that it is safe to eat, and employers must make sure that supervisors and managers who have a responsibility for food hygiene and safety are suitably trained.
To support staff in a catering environment to give them personal growth and engagement in learning with regards to food safety management procedures and monitoring of good food safety practice.
- Compliance with food safety legislation
- Monitoring of good personal hygiene practice, training and competency
- Monitoring of good practice to keep work areas clean, hygienic and free from pests
- Monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control
- How to implement food safety management procedures
Duration of course:
3 days (+ 5 hours pre course work)
Individual certificate awarded for students who achieve the pass mark.
- Highfield level 4 in food safety qualification
From £400 per person