Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management in Catering
Who should go on this course?
Supervisors/managers who work in the catering industry and already have level 2 in Food Safety in Catering and/or Level 2 in Food Allergen Awareness.
Why is this training important?
Everyone who sells or serves food must make sure by law that it is safe to eat, and employers must make sure their supervisors and managers who have a responsibility for food safety including allergen management within their business are suitably trained.
- Understanding of the different roles in ensuring food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed and the characteristics of common food allergens.
- The importance of accurate communication from supplier to customer.
- The procedures relating to the control of contamination and cross contamination of allergenic ingredients in a catering environment.
- Allergic reactions, symptoms, treatments, demographics and statistics
- The 14 Common allergenic ingredients
- Legislation and Guidance of labelling requirements for pre-packed and loose food
- The pre-requisites of Good Hygiene Practice and Allergen Control
- Practical control measures from supplier to customer
- Staff Training
- Allergen Policies and Verification Methods
Duration of course:
One day (+ 3 hours recommended pre-course learning)
Individual certificate awarded for students who achieve the pass/distinction mark.
- Highfield level 3 and 4 food safety qualifications
From £175 per person