Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering
Who should go on this course?
Food handlers and front of house staff involved in food preparation and service who work in the catering industry, for example pubs, cafes, restaurants, care homes; or as an induction to prepare for employment in a catering role.
Why is this training important?
Everyone who sells or serves food must make sure by law that it is safe to eat, and employers must make sure their staff are suitably trained in food hygiene practices.
- Knowledge of the principles of food hygiene within a catering environment including the importance of food safety.
- Knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved to control food safety risks and deliver safe food to customers.
- Food borne illness and food poisoning symptoms
- High and Low Risk Foods
- Food Safety legislation
- Hazard Analysis
- Keeping yourself clean and hygienic
- Keeping work areas clean and hygienic
- Keeping Food Safe
Duration of course:
Individual certificate awarded for students who achieve the pass mark.
- Highfield level 3 award in food safety qualification
From £85 per person