Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering
Who should go on this course?
Food handlers and front of house staff involved in food preparation and service who work in the catering industry.
Why is this training important?
Everyone who sells or serves food must make sure by law that it is safe to eat, and employers must make sure their staff are suitably trained to ensure they are allergy aware and understand the importance of giving accurate information to customers who have food allergies/intolerances.
- Understanding of the characteristics and effects of food allergens and foods that commonly cause intolerances.
- Understanding of the procedures for identifying and controlling contamination from allergenic ingredients.
- Understanding of the importance of and procedures for accurate communication of allergen information for consumers.
- The 14 most common food allergens
- Food allergy symptoms including anaphylaxis
- Food intolerances
- Legislation for pre-packed and loose Food
- Allergen management – staff and management responsibilities
- Risk Analysis
- Allergen information for customers
Duration of course:
Individual certificate awarded for students who achieve the pass mark.
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management in Catering (RQF)
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
From £55 per person