Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
Why do I need a FSMS?
Under current food safety law, you must have a documented food safety management system which is based on the risks in your business, and demonstrates how you control these risks, and what you must do if something goes wrong.
Which FSMS should I use?
Do you run a small food business such as a café or deli? Safer Foods Better Business would be suitable for your business as it is a generic system that is available for download from the Food Standards Agency website www.food.gov.uk/sfbb, and has been developed specifically for smaller businesses.
If you operate a business that is larger, more complex or multi-site, then Food Safety Logic can create a system that is tailor made to the specific risks within your business to ensure that critical control points are controlled and monitored effectively.
NOT ANOTHER DUSTY FOLDER SAT ON A SHELF!!
A food safety management system will be developed with your business to ensure it is embedded in your food safety culture by:
- Carrying out an initial assessment of the risks in your business by spending time with you and your staff
- Talking to staff about what is happening on the ‘kitchen floor’
- Identifying critical control points and ways to control them
- Taking photographs to highlight good/poor practice
- Creating systems and documentation
- Incorporating these findings to develop audits for your business if required
Compliance Check Diaries
What documentation do I need?
Food safety logic has developed a compliance check day-to-day diary to help you demonstrate that the food safety controls based on the risks in your business are in place and are being maintained including corrective actions if things go wrong. This document forms the basis of your due diligence and has been designed so that everything is recorded in the same place to make it easy for your staff to complete.
Food Safety Logic Bundles
We can offer you 3 levels of food safety packages including training, compliance including FSMS, diaries and audits for your business at competitive prices:
- Basic – a level 2/3 training course, 2 audits per year, FSMS and check diaries
- Plus – a level 2/3 training course, 3 audits per year, FSMS and check diaries
- Premium – a level 2/3 training course, 4 audits per year, FSMS and check diaries and ongoing advice for your business
Prices from £250 / £495 per day
Please note Level 4 Food Safety courses, additional audits/visits can be offered as part of a package at an additional cost.
Food Safety Logic can undertake compliance visits outside Worcestershire in Birmingham, Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, Herefordshire and Oxfordshire, however if your business is located elsewhere please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your individual requirements.